COABE - 2014

Greetings to all,

Several of you may be traveling this weekend to COABE - Commission on Adult Basic Education - Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!  If you are presenting at COABE, would you please let everyone in the community know - the name of your session, date/time, location so that we can meet each other and support each other at this wonderful Professional Development Event?  If you are attending please let everyone know that as well so that connects can be made!  

I will start - I will be presenting with the Adult Numeracy Network during the Pre-conference.  I hope to see some of you there!

Safe Travels,

Brooke

Comments

Greetings,

I will be attending the COABE conference in Pittsburgh.  I am excited to return to the city where I was born and raised. I also taught ABE in Jefferson County before moving to West Virginia three years ago.   I will be presenting two sessions at COABE: Differentiated Math and Social & Emotional Barriers that Impede Student Success.  I hope to see you there.

Leslie

I will be attending, for the first time, and will be at the all-day pre-conference session presented by ANN.  Looking forward to it!

Sue P.

I will be attending/presenting at COABE for my first time.  My presentation is Tuesday at 3:45 : Don't Sweat It's Just Math.  I will be discussing intervention strategies for mathematics anxiety.  May everyone have a good session!

I'm attending my first COABE Conference this year.  I'll be presenting at the ANN Preconference on Sunday.  On Monday during Session 2 I'm co-presenting a Visual Models session in room 401 with Patricia Helmuth.  On Tuesday, I will share my ANN Practitioner Research project during Session 7 in room 408.

Looking forward to connecting some names and faces.  See you there!

I'm presenting Tuesday, session 4- Making Algebra More Meaningful: Hands-on Workshop for Exploring Algebraic Thinking and Graphing
Room: 317.

I attended an excellent pre-conferece numeracy session today: "Building the Bridge between Arithmetic and Algebra"! So much to think about!

Looking forward to more excellent sessions this week!

...  had I known there would be this much good stuff happening... any sharing of ideas and resources that could happen here would be most appreciated! (Well, and next year hopefully I will be making math materials instead of taking courses  in how to!)