Moving Pathways Forward: Technical Assistance Opportunities for States

We will use this discussion thread to share information and answer questions about technical assistance opportunities available to states through the Moving Pathways Forward project.

Comments

Greetings, Career Pathways folks.  This post from Chrys refers to a project I told you about in an earlier post, and I'm repeating the information below so you will know what this is all about.  There was a webinar today for the states involved (correct me if I'm wrong, Chrys) and I think this message from Chrys is intended for those folks. Let us know, Chrys, if there is anything additional the whole Career Pathways CoP needs to be aware of. The announcement which I'm repeating below was taken directly from the OCTAE Connection.

New OCTAE Contract to Recruit States to Advance Career Pathways Systems

OCTAE’s Division of Adult Education and Literacy recently awarded a new contract to support states in advancing career pathways systems that will provide transitions for low-skilled adults to employment in the 21st-century workforce. The three-year initiative, Moving Pathways Forward: Supporting Career Pathways Integration, will soon be recruiting states to participate in customized technical assistance for developing and advancing their career pathways systems. The initiative seeks to align previous federal and state investments with current state career pathways efforts. Each state will receive access to resources, tools, and guidance to support it in identifying and addressing its specific career pathways need areas. In addition, up to 15 states will receive customized, intensive technical assistance through direct coaching. In the upcoming weeks, states will receive an introduction email from the Moving Pathways Forward team, including an informational brochure on the project’s benefits, activities, and application requirements. The project is managed by Kratos Learning and its partners, Abt Associates and Center for Occupational Research and Development Communications, Inc. Inquiries about this work should be addressed to Joseph.Perez@ed.gov.

Donna and fellow Career Pathways Group Members,

The recent webinar shared information about the upcoming technical assistance services that will be available to all states that are not already participating in the project's current intensive coaching services. States already receiving services include: Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. The webinar also provided information about an upcoming resource that will be available to all stakeholders interested in career pathways, the Career Pathway Exchange. The webinar will be archived and I will share the link out through this discussion thread once it is posted. I am happy to answer any questions about the project's services through this discussion. You can also visit the project's website on LINCS at http://lincs.ed.gov/programs/movingpathways. I look forward to hearing from the group!