OER STEM Pilot Tester Application Period Extended!

Dear LINCS Members,

There is still time to apply to be considered as a pilot tester of the new OER STEM online courses and facilitation materials!  We have extended the deadline to September 15, 2014.  As a reminder, the four courses are:

• Open Your Classroom with Open Educational Resources
  • Open Science—Open Resources: Engage Your Students for Science Learning
  • Open Math—Open Resources: Engage Your Students for Math Learning
  • Build a Lesson with OER

To learn more about OER please visit the OER STEM project page and to learn more about this opportunity, please view the recruitment flyer.  The recruitment flyer will provide you with more details about the application process, eligibility requirements and the pilot timeframe, as well as a link to the online application. Contact oerstem@air.org with questions.

We’re excited to move forward with these courses and are looking forward to once again, collaborating with the adult education field to provide high quality training to improve instructional practices in the classroom.

Best,

OER STEM Team

Comments

Glad to hear this ... I want to apply but I'm having to justify this and getting meetings this time of year is tricky (and we're short-staffed, and... and... ;))   

Hi Sue!

I'm glad to hear that you're considering participation.  Good luck scheduling a meeting and please feel free to contact us (oerstem@air.org) if you have any questions or need additional information to get the support you need.

Amanda

Hello, everyone!

Once again, I urge you all to investigate this project!  Many participants in the earlier OER projects have commented about ways in which their participation has changed their instruction and has improved student learning.  Once you check out the project page and recruitment flyer, please consider applying.  It would be GREAT for the Science discussion group to have members in the courses, giving us feedback.  I look forward to hearing more (especially) about "Open Science--Open Resources"!!!!

Susan