2016 HSE Test Scores: Up, Down or the Same?

Colleagues,

This article, Passing the GED just got easier, from the Mansfield, Ohio News Journal, suggests that the recently adjusted GED(r) test cutoff score has resulted in significant increases in numbers of students who have passed the exam. I wonder if that's what others have been experiencing. Please share with us how your students have been doing this year compared with 2014 and 2015 in their performance on your HSE exam(s). If you have observations about why there are differences, please share those, too.

David J. Rosen

djrosen123@gmail.com

Comments

I know my former program experienced the same uptick in passers when the scores were adjusted in February.  We had 18 students who passed the test because of the change and more than 20 students that received news that a part or more that they had thought they failed was now marked as passed.  It caused an increase in students returning to class to finish preparation for their remaining sections.  We also noticed a small increase in the number of potential students calling in to the office interested in beginning classes.