CAOBE Reading Focus in November!
Submitted by Leecy on November 15, 2017 - 11:38am
- 214 Views
- 0 Likes
This month’s COABE “Where Research Meets Practice” them is READING!
You are invited to review the reading resources posted for your pleasure and engagement! CLICK HERE to access the list. You will find the following:
- A free, college-level reading skill difficulties course for educators: Identifying & Remediating Reading Skill Difficulties in Adult Learners
- A new Webinar: "Developing College and Career Readiness with Paired Reading", on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and a review of Revisit the webinar "Reading, Writing, and Relationships" presented by Carrie Colladay Stell.” I attended this Webinar and learned from listening to how Carrie uses oral reading with all students, including non-native speakers, to increase their engagement, comprehension, and extension of ideas.
- "Developing College and Career Readiness with Paired Reading", on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and a replay of Revisit the webinar "Reading, Writing, and Relationships" presented by Carrie Colladay Stell.
- Two COABE Journal articles "Last Reader Standing: The Story of a Man Who Learned to Read at 54," and ""The Relationship Between Parents' Literacy Skills and Their Preschool Children's Emergent Literacy Skills."
- Several reading resources found on the AER website and listed in the announcement above.
It would be wonderful if after checking out some of these gems you would return here to comment on your experience. Please come back and share!