Check out these interesting topics
Submitted by Susan Finn Miller on September 9, 2019 - 4:03pm
- 42 Views
- 0 Likes
Hello colleagues, In case you missed some of our discussions this summer, you may want to check out the following recent, interesting threads in our CoP.
- One of the most challenging aspects of teaching is finding ways to support learners to access academic text. We know that spoon-feeding by teachers is not going to help learners develop the skills they need! Check out this thread which features a Teaching Channel video demonstrating how to scaffold academic text to make it accessible to learners.
- What do you see as the potential of the approach modeled in this video? Would this work in your context?
- What strategies do you use to scaffold academic text for learners?
- Check out this thread to discover some pretty amazing tools on the Project Zero website that teachers can draw upon to support learners to think critically.
- How can we support learners to observe critically, to analyze effectively, and to ask pertinent questions?
- Let us know which of the thinking routines you might like to implement.
- The six-word memoir was suggested as a way to get acquainted on the first day of class, but—of course-- this writing activity can be done any time. Visit this thread to read some members’ six-word memoirs. You are welcome to contribute your own!
- How might you structure such an activity in your classroom?
Cheers, Susan Finn Miller
Moderator, Teaching & Learning CoP