CrowdED Learning—Here are a BUNCH of CCRS and TABE 11/12 Aligned Resources!

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to announce CrowdED Learning has released alignment documents for a handful of high quality free and open educational resources, with alignments both to the CCRS and TABE 11/12!

Here is a link to our blogpost announcement. Included are alignments of resources from cK-12, CommonCore Sheets, PhET, CommonLit, and Khan Academy. All are available for download. We also are hosting a webinar on April 30 to walkthrough each of the resources and tools for sharing them out with students.

Decorative image showing resources from cK12, CommonLit, PhET, Common Core Sheets, and Khan Academy

We are nearing the point where we'll be adding these (along with publisher alignments and an ongoing, growing list of other resource alignments) to our free SkillBlox database. Soon, instructors will be able to sort by standard, type of resource, resource provider, and more to pull together related resources. For example, for CCRS Level C (TABE 11/12 Level M) Math Standard 6.RP.2, here is what I can extract from the current alignment documents (I would do this as a table, but the table formatter in here is....awful :)

CCRS Standard 6.RP.2—Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b with b ≠ 0 (b not equal to zero), and use rate language in the context of a ratio relationship. For example, "This recipe has a ratio of 3 cups of flour to 4 cups of sugar, so there is 3/4 cup of flour for each cup of sugar." "We paid $75 for 15 hamburgers, which is a rate of $5 per hamburger." 

So, within these four resources, there are instructional texts, videos, simulations, interactive practice sets, and practice worksheets, all aligned to this one standard. 

I encourage you to check out our blogpost and join our webinar on April 30. In the meantime, I'm curious to ask: how would you use a tool like SkillBlox, where resources such as the above are pulled together in one place? What would make this most useful to you?

Comments

A-Mazing!!!! I see myself using a tool like Skillblox for lesson plans, in particular #hyperdoc lesson plans. I have found it difficult building lessons/HyperDoc lessons to meet certain criteria of standards. I have found myself frustrated and annoyed when I can't find resources for my students. Skillblox sounds perfect for what I need. I am super excited about the addition of PHET and cK12. I sometimes find it difficult to meet adult ed standards when I am creating a science or social studies lesson. I know it can be done, but I think these Skillblox will make it easier.

I really appreciate and admire the work you have put into this! I am looking forward to using it and helping you spread the word about the amazing work you are doing!

Ditto on your comments, Ashley. Jeff is filling a huge treasure chest with precious gems that keep on giving! Leecy

We are hoping to/planning on having Jeff offer a LINCS-sponsored activity in the Reading and Writing, Integrating Tech, PD, and Teaching and Learning CoPs later this year. 

If you have questions or interests that you would like to have Jeff cover during that six-day discussion, please send those to me: leecywise@gmail.com. Can't wait! 

Leecy