Greetings from COABE/TALAE 2016!

Dear Postsecondary Completion Colleagues:

Greetings from COABE/TALAE 2016 in Dallas!  I hope you will have an opportunity to stop by the LINCS table in the exhibit hall.  I will be there several times during the conference and look forward to meeting you, hearing about your work, and hearing from you about our Community of Practice.  Times I will be at the LINCS table include:

• Monday, April 11, from 12-3:15 pm
  • Wednesday, Apr 13, from 12:15-2 pm
  • Several other times, schedule permitting (please send an email if you are trying to find me, czafft@worlded.org)

I look forward to seeing you!

Cynthia

Comments

Hi Cynthia. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet at COABE. I met some of your colleagues at the LINCS booth as well as during one of the LINCS sessions though. Speaking of sessions, we just posted our PowerPoint presentations online if you're interested. Please click here for the descriptions and hyperlinks. Have a nice day!

Hi Jessica:

We must have been ships passing in the day at COABE!

Thanks for the links to the COABE presentation PowerPoints.  I particularly like the instructional strategies, graphic organizers, and text examples used to identify difference types of evidence in Using the GED® Test's High Impact Indicators to Drive Instruction ("Digging Deeper:  Let's Look at Evidence, slides 22-34+, pages 11 onward).  Very concrete strategies and teacher and student friendly.  I wonder if other who were (or were not) at COABE have take-aways from the GED presentations.

Cynthia