ISTE 2017

Hi All,

ISTE starts today and I was curious to see if any other adult ed folks will be attending? I'll be there and I know of one other adult ed person that will. If there are some more of us, it'd be great if we could find a way to meet up! There is a ton we can learn from K-12 conferences but we need to talk about classroom applications with others in a similar context. Hope some others will be there! 

Best,

Becky
bshiring@airsquirrels.com
@beckyshy

Comments

Hi Becky, 

I can't attend this conference so I would love to learn from your experience. I hope you would consider sharing some of your highlights and take-aways from the conference! I'm looking forward to 'attending this experience vicariously through you. :-)

Enjoy!

Kathy 

It's funny you mention this.  I met up with Braca from OTAN and I know Peggy is also here. I was speaking with the general PLN people and asking why we did not have an adult ed PLN.  There is a higher ed, an early ed, and of course several K12 groups.  Their guess was that there wasn't enough adult ed people interested in ISTE.  Well, that could be because ISTE ignores adult ed.  We need to make some noise and get our folks involved!

Email me at glenda.rose@tamu.edu and I'll give you my number to text.  I think some of us are going to try and get together for dinner either tonight or tomorrow night.

Peace,
Glenda

Friends, 
I would love to have a virtual meet up, maybe on Skype as a large group and we can debrief together about the ideas learned at ISTE and how it applies to adult education. Perhaps we can get topics and ideas for future discussions - and you each could lead one! :-) If you are interested, add me to Skype (Kathy_Tracey) and we can get to planning. 

Kathy