Join Us to Evaluate Online Formative Assessment Tools!!
- 585 Views
- 0 Likes
I’m sending you all this personal invitation to join a group that will try out and review online tools used for formative assessment activities with students. Below is the full announcement, and you may have also seen the general announcement that went out yesterday on LINCS – but here are the main points you need to know. Join us!!
- Sign up at: Formative Assessment Micro Group Sign Up
- Attend the introductory webinar on Thursday, January 14 at 2:00 EST
- Contribute online tools that you have discovered/used (not necessary!)
- Your “classroom” can be brick and mortar OR online
- You MUST be working with students in order to participate in this opportunity (NECESSARY!)
Hope to see you there!
Calling All Teachers! Now Recruiting!
LINCS Micro Group for Evaluating Online Formative Assessment Tools
Teachers have the exciting opportunity to join a small group of colleagues to try out online formative assessment tools in their teaching, discuss the tools with peers in a dedicated discussion board on LINCS, and then write up a review of the tools using an online review form.
Formative assessment….”refers to all those activities undertaken by teachers, and by their students in assessing themselves, which provide information to be used as feedback to modify the teaching and learning activities in which they are engaged. Such assessment becomes ‘formative assessment’ when the evidence is actually used to adapt the teaching work to meet the needs.” (Black and Wiliam)
- Micro group members must be working with students in order to use the online tools in their teaching.
- Micro group members will each use and review 3 tools over the course of 3 months. Reviews will include personal experiences and uses of each tool.
- The micro group’s culminating resources will be shared with the broader community.
- The project will run from January through April, beginning with an orientation webinar on Thursday, January 14, 2016, at 2:00 PM EST.
If you have any questions about this micro group project, please email Marie Cora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up and be part of this valuable opportunity, go to: