June 2019 Community Highlights

We are 1,102 members as of the end of June!  I want to highlight where we've been and where you're interested in seeing this community take you this summer.

The greatest activity in the community was in members' response to the Learning to Achieve Definitions of Learning Disabilities course prompt.   Have you taken this course?  Did you know that LINCS has a Learning Portal where you can engage in asynchronous courses in a variety of topics important to adult educators?  Check it out!

Moderator and member, Kathy Tracey, shared a resource on Inclusive Technology in a 21st Century Learning System to get us all thinking more about how technology can help level the playing field for our learners with disabilities, whether diagnosed or not.  If you haven't yet had the chance, I encourage you to take a look at some of the more practical resources I pulled out of the report that may support your work.  

Speaking of our resources, have you seen the recent addition to the LINCS Resource Collection on Digital Equity: Exploring this Modern Civil Right?  It's part of a podcast series from the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), each one less than 30 minutes, and are aimed a adult educators.  I encourage you to check it out, and keep your eyes open for more of these podcasts coming our way.  Let us know what you think about podcasts as a means for engaging in our community!

What did you take away from the LINCS Community this month?

Best,

Mike Cruse

Disabilities and Equitable Outcomes Moderator

michaelcruse74@gmail.com