Online Course: Workforce Preparation Activities in the Classroom:
Submitted by Jessie Stadd on September 20, 2017 - 8:55am
- 549 Views
- 2 Likes
- 2 Comments
***The Workforce Preparation Activities in the Classroom: Contextualizing Employability Skills for Deeper Learning online course will be available in Fall 2017**
As part of the Workforce Preparation Activities in the Classroom: Contextualizing Employability Skills for Deeper Learning online course, you have reviewed your lesson plans using the Employability Skills Checklist. Now, share your throughts and reflections on the questions below.
- Which employability skills are more typically addressed in your lessons?
- Where do you see gaps and opportunity to embed the practice of employability skills?
- Do your lessons introduce many employability skills, jumping from one to the next, or do students have a chance to practice the skills in varied activities and develop deeper competency?
- Can you do more to engage students in identifying these skills, reflecting on their importance and considering their multiple, transferable uses /contexts?
Once you complete the second session, please share your thoughts or respond to other posts on these questions.
- What overlap do you see in lessons you currently teach?
- Which skills were not explicitly included in the workplace preparation activities discussed in the course?