Preparing Students for the NCLEX-RN: STEM in the Classroom.
Submitted by Kathy_Tracey on August 25, 2018 - 9:35pm
- 436 Views
- 0 Likes
Many of our students wish to move from adult education to the healthcare career pathway. I wanted to share with you a couple sample questions of the NCLEX-RN exam. How are we preparing with the basic math skills needed to answer these questions? What about the vocabulary? How are we preparing students to learn new vocabulary?
I'd love to hear your thoughts about preparing our students for the healthcare field.
The physician ordered: Digoxin 250 mcg po qid. The label reads 1 tablet equals 0.25 mg. How many tablets will you administer to your patient?
The nonsteroidal medication naproxen (Naprosyn) has been prescribed for a patient, 1375 mg/day in divided doses. Each tablet contains 0.275 g. How many tablets equal this daily dose?
- The nurse is discharging a patient from an inpatient alcohol treatment unit. Which of the following statements, if made by the patient's wife, indicates to the nurse that the family is coping adaptively?
- "My husband will do well as long as I keep him engaged in activities that he likes."
- "My focus is learning how to live my life"
- "I am so glad that our problems are behind us."
- "I'll make sure that the children don't give my husband any problems."