Program Management Monthly Summary for May 2019

Hello Program Management colleagues,

As of May 31st,  there are 1179 members.

Most active Discussions

Discussion : "App to Speed" Learning Circles webinar on April 29th at 2:00 ET; follow-up discussion here

Continued into May with 18 comments by May 2nd.

This discussion, initiated by David J. Rosen, has been about learning circles, a blend of face-to-face and online learning and a particular kind whose purpose is helping adult basic skills (including ESOL/ESL) learners to get up to speed with apps for adult basic skills learning. Want to learn more about this, perhaps offer your students an App to Speed” learning circle?

Discussion : Trauma-informed Discussion with special guests May 6, 7, and 8th, 2019.   As of May 31st, 30 comments. See summary (to be) posted in the LINCS Professional Development group.

Discussion : The Power of Partnerships: Adult Literacy and Libraries with Kristin Lahurd and Gwenn Weaver   As of May 31st, 11 comments

After reading through the comments in this interview what are the takeaways for you as a program manager? What insights does this provide for your program to partner with public libraries?

David J. Rosen, Moderator

LINCS CoP Program Management group

Comments

Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw MI

August 2015 - Present

As Special Assistant to the Provost, I provide oversite for the university's Cardinal Pathways initiative, which focuses on retention, graduation and career readiness of first-generation college students. I also lead branding, and community engagement efforts in neighboring urban communities while establishing SVSU as a viable partner in addressing local civic priorities (Employment, Education and Housing).

My Brothers Keeper Saginaw County

March 2009 - Present

As Program Development Director, I lead efforts, partnering with the civic leader to develop a cradle-to-career infrastructure, focused on closing the achievement gap for men and boys of color. I am responsible for developing and implementation of a collective impact model to engage all community stakeholder in ensuring six milestones;

• All children enter school cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally ready.
  • All children read at grade level by 3rd grade.
  • All youth graduate from high school.
  • All youth complete post-secondary education or training.
  • All youth out of school are employed.
  • All youth remain safe from violent crime