Register Now for Penn State Online ABE Cert Spring Courses
Submitted by Beth Grinder McLean on December 3, 2018 - 1:49pm
- 121 Views
- 0 Likes
Please share with interested colleagues:
Penn State Adult Basic Education Certificate
Spring 2019 Online Course Offerings
(January 7 to April 26, 2019)
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) Certificate is geared toward professionals working with adults or out-of-school youth who struggle with reading, writing, numeracy, and/or English language proficiency. Penn State is one of the first universities to offer a fully online certificate in adult basic education.
Key features of PSU’s 12-credit Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Adult Basic Education (ABE):
- Offered online through Penn State’s nationally recognized World Campus.
- Three required courses and one elective tailored to student interests.
- Approved Act 48 provider for Pennsylvania educators; may count toward professional development hours.
- Helps professionals gain high-quality, research-based knowledge about ABE, especially literacy and numeracy instruction.
- Use credits to fulfill requirements for the M.Ed. in Lifelong Learning and Adult Education.
ABE Certificate courses available in Spring 2019:
- ADTED 460: Introduction to Adult Education (required)
- ADTED 470: Introduction to Distance Education (elective)
- ADTED 560: Teaching Reading to College Students and Adults (required)
- ADTED 531: Course Design and Development in Distance Education (elective)
- ADTED 575: Administration of Adult Education (elective)
- LDT 415A: Systematic Instructional Development (elective)
To learn more about applying for the Certificate, contact World Campus admissions at 800-252-3592.
For information about the Certificate, contact Beth Grinder McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org, 717-432-3498, or link to http://www.worldcampus.psu.edu/degrees-and-certificates/penn-state-online-adult-basic-education- certificate/overview
Student Testimonials: “I think the highlight of this course was having the opportunity to learn from our peers, through group discussions and group projects.”
“The class has made me more aware of how numeracy fits into adult education and literacy and has already influenced the way I approach math when planning curriculum.”
Join us on our Facebook Page to learn more about our programs!