Supporting Student Success- Hybrid Approach Webinar
Submitted by Jeana Davis on March 28, 2017 - 8:02am
- 306 Views
- 0 Likes
- 1 Comment
On April 13, 2017, from 1-2 p.m. (ET), the U.S. Department of Education’s Supporting Student Success project team will host a webinar titled Supporting Student Success: The Hybrid Approach. The one-hour webinar will feature St. Louis Community College’s Adult Learning Academy (ALA). The ALA is an innovative approach to developmental education which integrates all promising practices identified by the Supporting Student Success project – acceleration, contextualization, and student support.
Registration for this event is required. Join us here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1736453597635056641
The Supporting Student Success project disseminates successful strategies in promoting student success in Adult Education and Developmental Education programming. This is the third of four webinars. Each webinar highlights a different promising approach to program design – contextualization, acceleration, student support, and a hybrid design model. The webinars feature community colleges implementing these practices, which are aimed at increasing the college transition and completion rates of lower-skilled learners at their institutions.
All webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing in the LINCS Community Postsecondary Completion group.
Future Supporting Student Success webinars will be held on the following dates:
- Supporting Student Success: Supporting the Whole Student – May 9, 2017, at 2 p.m. (ET)
For more on this project and related topics, check out these earlier discussions/webinars available in the LINCS Community:
- Re-Visioning Instruction and Support at Community Colleges to Support the Whole Student (discussion)
- Building Bridges Between Adult Basic Education and Developmental Education (discussion)
- Intensive Skill and College Readiness Programs at Community Colleges (discussion)
- Supporting Student Success via Contextualized Learning (webinar)
- Supporting Student Success: Accelerated Curriculum for Impact (webinar)