Taking Time for Self-Reflection
Submitted by Kathy_Tracey on February 4, 2019 - 9:05pm
- 208 Views
- 0 Likes
- 1 Comment
We often discuss the value of teaching students self-reflection skills, but how often do we take the time to self-reflect on our practices? I invite you to read Self Reflective Questions for Teachers and challenge you try to find a few minutes for reflection after each class.
The questions are:
- What was my best moment today and how can I have more moments like it?
- What was my most challenging moment and why? How will I respond next time?
- Were my students excited to be in class? If not, what can I do to change this?
- How was my mood with others today and how can I improve it?
- How well did I communicate with others today and how can I do this better?
- In what ways did my students surprise me most today?
- How did I support my colleagues today and how will I continue to do so?
- What are the biggest obstacles to improving my practice and how will I overcome them?
- What did I do today for myself and why is this important?
- What do I want everyone to be able to say about me at the end of the day tomorrow?
What questions would you add? How do you think these reflections will help you in your teaching?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.