Would you share your expertise with the Professional Development Community?
Submitted by Kathy_Tracey on September 29, 2018 - 12:26pm
- 317 Views
- 0 Likes
The Evidence Based Professional Development Community of Practice is designed to give our members a space for sharing best practices for the planning and implementation of delivering high quality professional development to programs, regions, WIOA partners, and states. Do you have a solution, idea, or best practice related to professional development? Would you be interested in sharing your practices and featuring your successes by leading a special event?
Topics could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evidence-based practices related to designing, implementing, and evaluating adult literacy professional development either at a local program or through a high-quality professional development state program
- Teacher quality and effectiveness
- Professional development systems
- Approaches and methods for delivering PD
- Factors that influence the effectiveness of professional development
- Provision of professional development for eligible providers that meet the requirements set forth in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Delivering professional development through electronic means (e.g. online, virtual, blended experiences)
I'm especially interested in how PD is delivered in programs that have a majority of part time staff members. What challenges does this bring?
If you're interested in discussing a LINCS special event, message me. I'd love to collaborate with you.