Dear LINCS Community Members –
It is not too late to join in on the Watching Teaching in Action online discussion in the College and Career Standards group! Through a series of videos from the Teaching Channel, Watching Teaching in Action takes group members inside schools to watch how teachers are implementing standards in their classroom.
- Week 1 (April 9-11): Focus on instructional strategies for the Math classroom: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/watching-teaching-action
- Video: My Favorite No: Learning From Mistakes
- Video: What’s Your Sign, Integer Addition
- Week 2 (April 14-18): Focus on instructional strategies for the Writing classroom: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/week-2-watching-teaching-action
- Video: Writing Higher Order Questions
- Video: Making the Declaration of Independence Come Alive
- Week 3 (April 21-25): Focus on instructional strategies for the Reading classroom: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/week-3-watching-teaching-action
- Video: Comic Book Templates: An Entry Point into Nonfiction
We look forward to your participation in this online discussion and your sharing of how you can adopt and adapt these instructional strategies for your adult education classroom.
The LINCS Community Team