Week August 19, 2013: College and Career Standards Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
Ongoing Group Discussions
- Adult Literacy in TEDx? – Dr. Daphne Greenberg will be presenting on adult literacy in the United States on November 7 for TEDx. Colleagues shared their ideas on what key takeaways to include in the presentation. Read the discussion here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/adult-literacy-tedx
LINCS Community Announcements
- Share Your Knowledge! How Can Technology Transform Adult Education and Current Practice? The American Institute for Research (AIR) in collaboration with the LINCS Community hosted an online discussion centered on the recently released draft report: Connected Teaching and Personalized Learning: Implications of the National Education Technology Plan (NETP) for Adult Education. The online discussion, guided by Drs. Art Graesser and David Rosen, is archived in the Technology and Learning group. Read the vibrant discussion and continue the conversation here:
- Learning (cross-posted to the Disabilities group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-first-day-discussion-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-pr
- Assessment (cross-posted to the Formative Assessment group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-three-our-discussion-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practi
- Teaching (cross-posted to the Evidence-based Professional Development group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-four-our-discussion-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practic
- Productivity and Infrastructure (cross-posted to the Program Management group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-6-and-7-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practice%E2%80%9D-focusing-
There are no new group bulletins. Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab!https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/257/content/bulletins
New to the College and Career Standards group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-0
See you in the College and Career Standards group!
The LINCS Community Team