Week August 5, 2013: College and Career Standards Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
New Group Discussions
- Adult Literacy in TEDx? – Dr. Daphne Greenberg will be presenting on adult literacy in the United States on November 7 for TEDx. Colleagues shared their ideas on what key takeaways to include in the presentation. Read the discussion here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/adult-literacy-tedx
- College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education – The response for clarification made about the Reading Standards: Foundations Skills found on page 40 of the College and Career Standards report can be found at: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/college-and-career-readiness-standards-adult-education
- Standards Professional Development – Learn more about what other states are doing over the summer to address professional development on standards and share what your state is doing: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/standards-professional-development
LINCS Community Announcements
- Share Your Knowledge! How Can Technology Transform Adult Education and Current Practice? The American Institute for Research (AIR) in collaboration with the LINCS Community is hosting an online discussion centered on the recently released draft report: Connected Teaching and Personalized Learning: Implications of the National Education Technology Plan (NETP) for Adult Education. The online discussion, guided by Drs. Art Graesser and David Rosen, will take place from Tuesday, August 13 through Monday, August 19. For more information on the activity and how you can participate, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/share-your-knowledge-how-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practice
New Group Bulletin
- Back by Popular Demand: What is PIAAC and Why Does It Matter To You? Webinar - Due to the large number of individuals interested in the attending the webinar, the National Coalition for Literacy is offering this webinar again on Wednesday, August 14 (3:00-4:30 PM Eastern). The webinar will cover findings from the Program for the Interantional Assessment for Adult Competencies (PIACC) report scheduled for release on October 8. For more information and to register: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/back-popular-demand-what-piaac-and-why-does-it-matter-you-webinar-0
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab!
New to the College and Career Standards group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-0
See you in the College and Career Standards group!
The LINCS Community Team