Week November 11, 2013: College and Career Standards Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
- Using the Standards – As your state or program digs into the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education, what are the instructional changes that are being implemented at this time in your programs? Are the changes a result of professional development? Share your experiences here:https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/using-standards
There are no new group bulletins. Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/257/content/bulletins
- Starting Today: Health Literacy in the ABE Classroom: The newly refocused Health Literacy group invites you to participate in a series of connected weekly discussions on the topic of health literacy in the adult education classroom. Click here to view the announcement:https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/starting-today-health-literacy-abe-classroom and here to view the schedule:https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/beginning-monday-health-literacy-adult-education-classroom
- Join the Release of OECD’s Report, “Time for the U.S. to Reskill?”: Join the Center for American Progress on November 12, 2013 when the OECD will release the new report, “Time for the U.S. to Reskill? What the Survey of Adult Skills Says”. For more information on this event, visit:https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/join-release-oecd%E2%80%99s-report-%E2%80%9Ctime-us-reskill%E2%80%9D
- Reminder: New LINCS Science Course Available: In case you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, the second LINCS online course, Scientific Practices in Context: Curricular Planning and Lesson Development, is now available on the LINCS Learning Portal at https://courses.lincs.ed.gov. Read the announcement here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/reminder-new-lincs-science-course-available
- Just Released: The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners: The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education recently released a report, The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners, for public comment. For more information:https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/just-released-potential-and-value-using-digital-badges-adult-learners
- Register Now! Rescheduled LINCS Community User Training: If you have wondered how to fully utilize the LINCS Community features for professional development, then this user training is for you! The LINCS Community User Training, originally scheduled and canceled due to the government shutdown, is rescheduled for December 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM Eastern. To register, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/register-now-rescheduled-lincs-community-user-training
New to the College and Career Standards group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-0
See you in the College and Career Standards group!
The LINCS Community Team