Week September 16, 2013: College and Career Standards Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
Ongoing Group Discussions
- College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education – Let’s Talk About Mathematical Practices – What do the mathematical practices in the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education mean in your own words? Share your thoughts here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/college-and-career-readiness-standards-adult-education-lets-talk-about-mathematical-pract
- Education for the Cast-off Members of Our Labor Force – Join Tom Sticht in reflecting on Labor Day and its relation to our work in adult education: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/education-cast-members-our-labor-force
- CCR standards and English Language Learners – How are you using the College and Career Readiness Standards for English Language Learners in your state/organization? If you have other standards in place, how will you approach integrating these? Will you? And if you do not have other standards in place, are you considering using these for your ESL population? How? Share your thoughts in this thread: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/ccr-standards-and-english-language-learners
There are no new group bulletins. Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/257/content/bulletins
New LINCS Announcements
- New Community Features – New features are being added to the LINCS Community each month. Read more about our newest features!https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/new-community-features
- Happy Birthday to Us! – The LINCS Community turns one year old! Help LINCS grow its membership by inviting a colleague to join the community. To find out how, visit: visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/happy-birthday-us
New to the College and Career Standards group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-0
See you in the College and Career Standards group!
The LINCS Community Team