Week December 9, 2013: Postsecondary Completion Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
In the months of November and December, the Career Pathways and Postsecondary Completion groups are turning their attention to the resources transitioned from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education funded project, Designing Instruction for Career Pathways (DICP). Since the end of the DICP project in September 2013, the resources from the DICP project have been moved and are now all available in the LINCS Resource Collection: http://lincs.ed.gov/programs/acp
Each week this month, the group subject matter experts, Donna Brian and Priyanka Sharma, are focusing on a topic related to Adult Career Pathways and highlighting professional development materials in the LINCS Resource Collection that can impact your program and practice.
- Week 1: Integration Career Counseling and Planning: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/focus-career-pathways-and-college-transitions-november
- Week 2: Building Strategic Partnerships: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/dicp-resources-building-strategic-partnerships
- Week 3: Developing Effective Bridge Programs: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/dicp-resources-developing-effective-bridge-programs
- Week 4: Engaging Employers in Adult Career Pathways: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/dicp-resources-engaging-employers-adult-career-pathways
- Coming soon: Designing Contextualized Instruction
The primary goal is to help you get familiar with what is new in the collection. As you explore the DICP resources from the collection, we encourage you to add to the conversation to let us know which resources you have found most useful.
Happy exploring and sharing!
There are no new group bulletins. Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/258/content/bulletins
- Announcing the Youth and Adult Pathways Event Series & Microgroup: The Youth and Adult Pathways (YAP) Event Series is an OVAE project executed by the Manhattan Strategy Group. The project aims to complement and enhance OVAE’s past and ongoing career pathways work by bringing the career and technical education (CTE) and the adult education communities together. We invite all interested members to join this new microgroup found in the Career Pathways group! Read more about YAP activities here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/announcing-youth-and-adult-pathways-event-series-microgroup
- New OVAE Initiative Produces Theoretical Framework for Immigrant Integration: Adult educators interested in the services that need to be provided to low- and high-skilled immigrants in order to help them attain integration can benefit from a new theoretical framework produced by the Networks for Integrating New Americans initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE). Read more about this initiative and the framework here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/new-ovae-initiative-produces-theoretical-framework-immigrant-integration
- Digital Badges Discussion Starts Today! Join guests Steve Reder and David Wiley in the Technology and Learning group to participate in a week-long discussion about digital badges, following the release of the OVAE-sponsored report produced by the American Institutes for Research (AIR): The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners. For the discussion schedule and links to the discussion, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/digital-badges-discussion-starts-today
New to the Postsecondary Completion group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/introductions-new-postsecondary-completion-group
See you in the Postsecondary Completion group!
The LINCS Community Team