Week June 3, 2013: Postsecondary Completion Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
For educators, summer is a great time to reflect on the successes this past year and set goals for the next year. We’d like to hear about your successes, challenges, and plans for the upcoming year. Join us in the following existing discussions or start your own thread!
- Improving community college student success: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/improving-community-college-student-success
- Crossing the bridge: Diploma completion to college enrollment: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/crossing-bridge-diploma-completion-college-enrollment
- Just released - Women in community colleges: Access to success: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/just-released-women-community-collegesaccess-success
- Are eight semesters of postsecondary education a tipping point for GED passers to graduate? https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/are-8-semesters-postsecondary-ed-tipping-point-ged-passers-graduate
- Questioning college and career standards: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/questioning-college-and-career-standards
Save the date! Kick Off Summer with a Free Webinar and Guest Discussion on Kentucky’s Standards Resources
Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE) has been at the forefront of standards-based instruction. The College and Career Standards group will be hosting an online webinar and guest discussion with KYAE staff the week of June 24-28, 2013 focused on their three-year professional development model for standards-based instruction. The webinar will take place on Monday, June 24 from 2:00-3:00 PM EST and will be followed by a discussion hosted in the LINCS Community College and Career Standards, Program Management, and Professional Development groups. Stay tuned for more information about the activity, including the link to register for the introductory webinar.
Have an announcement to post in the Postsecondary Completion group? Post to the new Bulletin tab!
The Bulletin tab is the perfect place to broadcast information about an upcoming training, meeting, conference, or other event (i.e., a “Save the Date”); an available position within your organization; and any other news items. All LINCS Community members are able to post items to their groups’ Bulletin tab. Members should continue to use the Discussions tab for topics that require conversation with other members. Important: LINCS Community members will not automatically begin receiving email notifications for Bulletin announcements. You must set or reset your email notifications to ensure that you receive Bulletin announcements from groups you have joined. For instructions on how to do so, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/new-feature-lincs-community-groups-bulletin-tab
New to the Postsecondary Completion group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/introductions-new-postsecondary-completion-group
See you in the Postsecondary Completion group!
The LINCS Community Team