Week November 11, 2013: Postsecondary Completion Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
In the month of November, the Career Pathways and Postsecondary Completion groups are turning their attention to the resources transitioned from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education funded project, Designing Instruction for Career Pathways (DICP). Since the end of the DICP project in September 2013, the resources from the DICP project have been moved and are now all available in the LINCS Resource Collection: http://lincs.ed.gov/programs/acp
Each week this month, the group subject matter experts, Donna Brian and Priyanka Sharma will be focusing on a topic related to Adult Career Pathways and highlighting professional development materials in the LINCS Resource Collection that will impact your program and practice. Last week, Priyanka turned our attention to the topic of Integration Career Counseling and Planning: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/focus-career-pathways-and-college-transitions-november This week, Donna takes a look at Building Strategic Partnerships: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/dicp-resources-building-strategic-partnerships
The primary goal of this month is to help you get familiar with what is new in the collection. As you explore the DICP resources from the collection, we encourage you to add to the conversation to let us know which resources you have found most useful.
Happy exploring and sharing!
There are no new group bulletins. Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/258/content/bulletins
- Starting Today: Health Literacy in the ABE Classroom: The newly refocused Health Literacy group invites you to participate in a series of connected weekly discussions on the topic of health literacy in the adult education classroom. Click here to view the announcement: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/starting-today-health-literacy-abe-classroom and here to view the schedule: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/beginning-monday-health-literacy-adult-education-classroom
- Join the Release of OECD’s Report, “Time for the U.S. to Reskill?”: Join the Center for American Progress on November 12, 2013 when the OECD will release the new report, “Time for the U.S. to Reskill? What the Survey of Adult Skills Says”. For more information on this event, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/join-release-oecd%E2%80%99s-report-%E2%80%9Ctime-us-reskill%E2%80%9D
- Reminder: New LINCS Science Course Available: In case you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, the second LINCS online course, Scientific Practices in Context: Curricular Planning and Lesson Development, is now available on the LINCS Learning Portal at https://courses.lincs.ed.gov. Read the announcement here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/reminder-new-lincs-science-course-available
- Just Released: The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners: The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education recently released a report, The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners, for public comment. For more information: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/just-released-potential-and-value-using-digital-badges-adult-learners
- Register Now! Rescheduled LINCS Community User Training: If you have wondered how to fully utilize the LINCS Community features for professional development, then this user training is for you! The LINCS Community User Training, originally scheduled and canceled due to the government shutdown, is rescheduled for December 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM Eastern. To register, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/register-now-rescheduled-lincs-community-user-training
New to the Postsecondary Completion group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/introductions-new-postsecondary-completion-group
See you in the Postsecondary Completion group!
The LINCS Community Team