Postsecondary Completion moving to a microgroup in the Career Pathways Group!

Beginning on Monday, March 27, 2017, the Postsecondary Completion group in its present form will be available as a microgroup in the LINCS Community Career Pathways group. The Postsecondary Completion group will continue to host discussionspertaining to supporting students in accessing, succeeding in, and completing postsecondary education. 

The Career Pathways group is also a place for discussion of workforce preparation activities which, as defined in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), includes activities to build skills necessary for the successful transition into and completion of postsecondary education and training or employment. The mission and purpose of the Postsecondary Completion clearly support the delivery of workforce preparation activities. We hope that moving this group and its rich discussion of postsecondary completion topics to the Career Pathways group will allow for richer and deeper conversations that are connected to the larger workforce preparation and career pathways conversations. Please continue to post, share, and discuss in the Postsecondary Completion microgroup as normal - or begin sharing in the Career Pathways group itself. 

As a current member of the Postsecondary Completion group, you will automatically be made a member of the Career Pathways group. Please contact us if you have any difficulties accessing the group. 

Comments

I want to welcome each of the Postsecondary Completion members to the Career Pathways group!  We already share many common interests, but I also invite you to share what you hope to see in this community, as we move forward together.  The previous postsecondary moderator, Cynthia Zafft, and I collaborated on an event addressing self-determination, GRIT, and academic resilience in adult, and higher education programs.  I hope that we will continue to address these topics, and others, that support all learners in completing some form of post-secondary education.

So, please share your thoughts, ideas, and wishes for the road ahead.  I look forward to working together with you to make this community what you need.

Mike Cruse

Career Pathways Moderator

michaelcruse74@gmail.com