YAP Event 5: I Created my Own Career Pathway.

Participate in the Final Youth and Adult Pathways, Career Planning Microgroup Event

Join the Youth and Adult Pathways, Career Planning Microgroup the week of January 27th – January 31st for a lively, online dialogue, entitled, I Created my Own Career Pathway. Jessica Queener and Brittanie Pierce are inspiring and successful young women who were decision-makers in their own career pathways. In spite of the challenges that having a disability may have, Jessica and Brittanie navigated career systems, across K12 and postsecondary education, to plan a career path that was uniquely personal and would lead to the best career outcomes. Hear their stories, ask questions, and share your insights through this final YAP Career Planning Micro group event.

Join this online discussion by joining the career planning microgroup at

https://community.lincs.ed.gov/group/youth-and-adult-pathways-yap-series

Learn more about Jessica and Brittanie at the YAP site.

Jessica Queener is the Project Director Research Associate of the HEATH Resource Center at the National Youth Transitions Center in Washington, D.C. Ms. Queener is a doctoral candidate in the Education and Neuroscience Excellence program at The George Washington University. Ms. Queener concentrates her research in the area of transition related to postsecondary education for students with disabilities.  Ms. Queener began her career as the self-determination coordinator at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, T.N. She has earned a M.A. in Transition Special Education from the George Washington University and a B.A. from the University of Tennessee.

Brittanie Pierce is a senior at the George Washington University studying international affairs and concentrating in international development and international economics. Brittanie has worked on several projects and events for advocacy for disabled students. When Brittanie is not in school she works for the law firm Slevin and Hart and interns with Meridian International. After graduation Brittanie hopes to pursue a career in international development in human trafficking.