Direct link to site: http://www.middlebury.edu/ls/finaid/fellowships/hbcu
In the summer of 2017, the Middlebury Language Schools will offer scholarships for students enrolled at Historically Black Colleges, Tribal Colleges, and Hispanic Serving Institutions. Recipients of these scholarships will receive funding to cover the comprehensive fee (tuition, room & board) for one summer of language study.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all requirements for Language School admission.
- Be currently enrolled full-time at either a Historically Black College and University or a Hispanic Serving Institution or a Tribal College/University.
- Show strong demonstrated interest (could include but not limited to previous coursework, volunteer work using language, internship, travel, or study abroad) in any of the eleven languages taught.
- Show high academic achievement
- Have the support of their home institution.
This opportunity is open to all students who meet the above criteria, regardless of citizenship. Because these scholarships are limited and highly competitive, students are strongly encouraged to also apply for regular need-based Middlebury summer financial aid.