The Nonformal AE Micro Group moving

Greetings One and All. Paul Rogers has had very positive news regarding the expansion of services of his non-profit organization, Pumarosa, which will be requiring more and more of his time and attention. He will, therefore, no longer be moderating this micro group. :(    Instead, we will be moving this topic of discussion, Nonformal Adult Education, to the main umbrella of Diversity and Literacy. You are strongly encouraged to contribute to the dialogue in larger community, where I'll be posting a discussion topic to get us started. Look for the discussion, "Issues Facing Nonformal Programs in the U.S."

Nonformal programs continue to struggle throughout the United States, offering learning opportunities and strategies that formally-funded programs do not offer, especially in poor rural regions. In that sense, they serve diverse and underserved populations. Presumably, you joined this group because you have an interest in discussing issues related to its mission.

Please don't let this topic/issue disappear. Think of how you can contribute to starting a dialogue over how to nurture and support adults in nonformal programs! Keep checking and dropping in with your ideas and suggestions, including how to best use technology to serve isolated students in nonformal programs.

No risk, no gain, as they say. I'm glad that we risked opening this small interest group. I know that there have been benefits that we don't even recognize.

Thank you, Paul, on behalf of us all for providing wonderful resources and ideas to consider here. Your resources on forming networks and using mobile tools for learning, among others, are valuable and will remain available in this microgroup for anyone wishing to access the in the future. Best wishes to you in every way! I hope you'll drop into the new discussion as time permits to continue to spark interactions! Leecy