The Teaching Excellence in Adult Literacy (TEAL) courses improve the quality of teaching in adult education by focusing on improving instructional strategies used in math and writing classrooms. Each facilitated course is 3 weeks in length, taking approximately 6 hours to complete. The courses are:
- Strategy Instruction
- Effective Lesson Planning
- Differentiated Instruction
- Self-Regulated Learning
- Formative Assessment
- Universal Design for Learning: Addressing Barriers
- Student-Centered Learning: Keys to Motivation and Persistence
- Deeper Learning Through Questioning
This winter the LINCS PD Center invited states to identify trainers/instructional leaders who are taking the courses with the intent of using the content in the future for training or technical assistance. These state-level trainers might facilitate the courses online on a state's platform in the future.
We're opening this discussion thread for Q&A about the content and/or facilitation of these courses. What are your questions?