Civics Education and Citizenship
Welcome to the LINCS Community Civics Education and Citizenship group!
The target audience for this group includes adult education practitioners, advocates, policymakers, and others. The focus of the group is to discuss and explore issues related to civic engagement, U.S. history, government, and citizenship in adult education.
Topics discussed include:
- Understanding civics and citizenship education
- Employing effective approaches that help support newcomers as they gain English language skills, increase their civic participation, prepare for careers with family-sustaining wages, navigate the naturalization process, and successfully acclimate and integrate into their communities
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account.
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on left menu.
To ensure you receive notifications of new content, follow the steps below:
- Click on your profile name in the upper right.
- Select My Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- Under Master Switch and Site-Wide Announcements select the “Enabled” radio buttons to ensure you receive email notifications.
- Scroll down to Group Subscriptions and select the “Immediate” or “Daily” option for this group.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the “Save Configuration” button. You should now receive email notifications whenever there is new group content.
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Bulletin : USCIS N-400 Application for Naturalization has been updated!||0||Dec 01, 2022|
|Discussion : Introduction to the NEW Civics Education and Citizenship Forum||7||Nov 25, 2022|