Civics Education and Citizenship
Welcome to the LINCS Community Civics Education and Citizenship group!
The target audience for this group includes adult education practitioners, advocates, policymakers, and others. The focus of the group is to discuss and explore issues related to civic engagement, U.S. history, government, and citizenship in adult education.
Topics discussed include:
- Understanding civics and citizenship education
- Employing effective approaches that help support newcomers as they gain English language skills, increase their civic participation, prepare for careers with family-sustaining wages, navigate the naturalization process, and successfully acclimate and integrate into their communities
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account.
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on the left menu.
- Select Daily or Immediate from the dropdown menu under "Subscription Type" on left menu to receive notifications and click the blue Update button to confirm.
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Bulletin : Thoughts about the USCIS Naturalization Interview and Test Resign||3||Mar 17, 2023|
|Event : Coffee Break: Introducing the new LINCS Civics Education and Citizenship Group||1||Mar 16, 2023|
|Bulletin : EARN @ TESOL + COABE||1||Mar 14, 2023|
|Discussion : Civic Learning Week March 6-10, 2023||0||Mar 07, 2023|
|Bulletin : Application Deadline for Basic IET Design Camp is fast approaching!||0||Mar 07, 2023|
|Bulletin : USCIS Announces New Online-Filing Procedures for Certain F-1 Students Seeking OPT or STEM OPT Extensions||0||Mar 07, 2023|
|Discussion : U.S. Citizenship and Civics Resources for Women's History Month||0||Mar 01, 2023|
- Coffee Break: Introducing the new LINCS Civics Education and Citizenship Group
1 Comment • 36 Views
- EARN @ TESOL + COABE
1 Comment • 24 Views
- Civic Learning Week March 6-10, 2023
0 Comments • 10 Views