The Citizenship Education and Training Branch within the Office of Citizenship is pleased to invite you to join us for a webinar on the Naturalization Test Process Eligibility Overview/Overview of the Naturalization Test. This webinar will be offered on:
November 01, 2023 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST
To register, follow the link under “To register” in the attached flyer.
The webinar is designed to support ESL, civics and citizenship administrators, teachers, volunteers, and representatives from immigrant-serving organizations. The webinar is open to the public, and we hope that you will share this information with your network.
We recommend that interested participants register early as space is limited.
Upon registering, you will receive an email confirmation from Microsoft Teams.
You will use the information found in this email to join the webinar on the day of
the event. For questions or issues with registration, or to request closed
captioning accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for closed captioning accommodation should be submitted 1 week
before the event. If you encounter problems using the registration link, please
The 11/01 USCIS webinar was a very careful review about how to prepare students for the speaking, reading, writing, and civics tests. Much of the presented material can be downloaded from Prepare Students for the Interview and Test page. Although the slide deck itself is not immediately available, look for it to be posted to the USCIS Electronic Reading Room where pdfs of recent USCIS OoC webinars have been posted:
- 2023-10-31 National Engagement - USCIS Customer Experience Online Tools pdf
- 2023-10-19 USCIS Institute of Museum and Library Services Webinar - Immigration and Naturalization for Military Members and Their Families pdf
- 2023-09-21 Form N‐400, Application for Naturalization, by Category of Naturalization, Case Status, and USCIS Field Office Location (Fiscal Year 2023, 3rd Quarter, Apr. 1 - Jun. 30, 2023) pdf | csv
- 2023-09-12 USCIS Webinar: Immigration Overview for Veterans Service Organizations pdf
USCIS Officers also reviewed requirements for naturalization, similar to the content available on the following places:
- Prepare Students for the Interview and Test page
- Multi-Language Naturalization Process Presentations video playlist
One of the last questions concerned the status of the proposed Naturalization Test Redesign Pilot. A USCIS OoC officer stated that the Pilot was "on hold." It is thought that USCIS is still reviewing and responding to recommendations from the July 19th DHS Ombudsman Engagement. Please continue to check the Naturalization Test Redesign Development 2022 page for news and presentations.