Immigrant Student Success: Strategies and Tools for K-12 and Adult Educators, a free, interactive, online workshop on July 10 and 11, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT, is for teachers, administrators, librarians and volunteers to promote the success of immigrant and refugee students through interactive webinars, group activities and live exercises with nationwide experts. We hope you will register for this free professional development opportunity or share it with your colleagues. Certificates of participation are available. Register for free here.
This is the seventh annual online workshop hosted by The Immigrant Learning Center’s Public Education Institute, and it will explore how to:
- Integrate immigration into the curriculum;
- Build relationships with immigrant students, families and communities in perilous times;
- Use storytelling to educate all students on immigration;
- Empower both teachers and students;
- Create more welcoming classrooms, and more.
Click here for more information and the list of presenters.