2014 Testing Landscape. high school equivalency assessments

Did you attended the 2013 GED Conference in Baltimore, Maryland from July 15-19th, please tell us about it!

In a couple of short months the testing landscape for adult education may change tremendously.  The GED 2014 is coming to most states, and it is said to have some pretty significant departures from the GED that we are used to.  In addition, an even bigger change is that some states may be departing from the GED altogether in favor of adopting different testing formats. 

• Were you at the 2013 GED conference? Share with others your takeaways.
  • Do you know about any of the alternative tests that are coming out?
  • What is your state/program doing to prepare for the new assessment? Please fill us in.

Comments

Hi Ted,

Teknimedia offers offline and online delivery of CBT100™-Computer Skills for the 2014 GED® Test to verify that your students have the computer skills required for the new test and to teach them the skills they lack. For additional information about CBT100 and to request a free trial, please visit our web site at www.teknimedia.com.  If you have any questions, our Western Region Account Manager, Karen Noll, will be delighted to assist you. Karen can be reached at k.noll@teknimedia.com or 888-752-0770,

Best Regards,

Ann Harris

Director, Sales & Marketing

Ted,

I worked with Ann and Teknimedia curriculum (more than just the CBT100 course) while I was with Kansas Adult Education as the Associate State Director.  During that time, Kansas Adult Ed worked with programs to embed the Teknimedia curriculum into their adult education classes, adapt digital literacy content standards for each of the modules we used, and ultimately,create an outcome measure that became part of Kansas' performance-based funding formula. Additionally,one of our larger ESL adult education programs used the Teknimedia modules very successfully with their students--taking a scaffolded approach by pre-teaching the concepts and vocabulary in the classroom, prior to students working in the computer lab.

Michelle

Hi Stephanie,

I am trying to start a new discussion thread for this topic of GED Prep.and Accommodations.  Will you re-post your message that I copied below as a new discussion thread.  If someone has just begun this new thread, just comment to that message.

Yes, I'd very much like an update and overview from GEDTS-PearsonVue. Right now, our state (CO) no longer has a GED State Examiner and thus we have no one to route our applications through, so any insight you can offer would be helpful.

Thank you,

Rochelle Kenyon, SME