Georgia’s 2014 Fall Adult Education Conference Call for Proposals
The Grand Hyatt, Buckhead in Atlanta, GA
Fall Conference on October 1 – 3, 2014
Georgia’s Office of Adult Education, in conjunction with the University of Georgia, is planning Georgia’s Fall Adult Education Conference. This year the conference dates are set for October 1 - October 3, 2014 and will be held at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead in Atlanta. Approximately 700 of Georgian adult educators attend the conference. We are writing now to invite you to submit a proposal to present at Fall Conference.
Presenters conduct their workshops either one or two times depending on program needs and are paid $750 per workshop, excluding Georgia adult education grantees and publishers. Workshops are designed to serve between 50 and 100 participants and will be scheduled in either two or three hour block sessions. In addition to honoraria, presenters are reimbursed for travel, lodging, and meals.
We are willing to consider workshops on any topic that you believe would be useful to Georgia’s adult educators; however, from our needs analysis, we would especially welcome proposals on the following topics:
- Effective Classroom Practices in Teaching Reading
- Effective Classroom Practices in Teaching Math
- Effective Classroom Practices in Teaching Writing
- Effective Classroom Practices in Teaching Social Studies
- Effective Classroom Practices in Teaching Science
- Effective Classroom Practices in Teaching ESL
- Effective Classroom Management Practices
- Information about 2014 GED Testing System
- Multiculturalism in Adult Education and ESL Classrooms
- Keeping the Adult Education Classroom Safe for Teachers and Students
- Strategy for Improving Retention and Attendance
- Recruitment Strategies for Diverse Demographic Locations
- Instructional strategies for the Multi-Level Classroom
- Effectively Serving Students with Special Needs
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please visit, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014GA and fill out the form describing your proposed session. Deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, June 20, 2014.
Once we have collected this information, our planning committee will meet to make the final selections. You will hear from us no later than July 31, 2014 as to whether or not your workshop has been selected.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.