World Education E-Learning offers facilitated online courses for adult education professionals. This year we are offering the following numeracy courses:
- Foundations of Teaching Adult Numeracy (10/15-12/3)
- Data: Helping Students Interpret Numeric Information (10/30-12/18)
- Teaching Reasoning and Problem-Solving Strategies (11/4-12/16)
- Number Sense: Teaching About Parts and Wholes (2/4-3/24)
- Algebra: Introducing Algebraic Reasoning (4/6-5/25)
- Geometry: Teaching About Shapes and Measures (4/28-6/2)
All courses in our numeracy series are six weeks long and require approximately 3 hours of work per week to complete. Participants interact with colleagues through asynchronous online discussions (no need to be online at any specific time), and turn in assignments based on a weekly calendar. An expert facilitator supports participants' progress and provides feedback on work completed. For more information, or to register, click on the course titles above or visit our website for a full course list.