First PIAAC, Then What? Live Video Webcast
In celebration of National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week
September 23, 2013
1:00-3:00 pm EDST
To register (free) for online participation, visit: http://www.national-coalition-literacy.org/webcast.html
To attend in-person at the Hall of States, Washington, DC, RSVP here:
On October 8, 2013, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) will release the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC) Report. PIAAC is the first survey of adult skill levels in the U.S. in nearly a decade and will be publicly released on October 8. Are you prepared to answer questions from local media about PIAAC and what it may mean for adult education?
Join the National Coalition for Literacy for a live video webcast to discuss the upcoming release of PIAAC. Find out how a coordinated response to PIAAC will roll out and hear from legislative staff about effective communication strategies. Learn what one adult education program is planning to do in response to PIAAC and see what tools are available to help you communicate with the media and general public. Webcast participants nationwide will have the opportunity to interact with panelists during a live moderated Q and A. If you are in the DC area, you are also invited to attend in-person.
- Dr. Irwin Kirsch, Director for Global Assessment, Educational Testing Service
- John Martin, Legislative Director, Office of U.S. Congressman and U.S. Adult Literacy Caucus Co-Chair Phil Roe
- Regina Suitt, Advanced Program Manager, Adult Education Services, Pima Community College, Pima AZ
- Jackie Taylor, Advocacy Campaign Manager, National Coalition for Literacy
- Marsha Tait, PIAAC Project Manager, National Coalition for Literacy (moderator)
For more information, see the PIAAC Advocacy Campaign for Adult Literacy.