Welcome Back to School Inside and Outside of Our Prison Walls

-

Hosted Discussion: Welcome Back to School Inside and Outside of Our Prison Walls

Description: Join us as we welcome educators and administrators back to school in correctional and reentry settings. As we begin the new school year, we’ll explore programs, resources, and tools helpful to teachers and administrators inside and outside of our prisons, jails, and reentry programs. LINCS resources and programming successes across the country will be features, and we hope you will join in to share your work in the community by highlighting successful resources, tools, programs, or even a student you would like to recognize.

Discussion Contributors: Jeff Abramowitz, LINCS Correctional and Reentry Education Group Moderator

Date/Time: Thursday, September 8, 2022

LINCS Community Group: Correctional and Reentry Education

A LINCS account is required to participate in the LINCS discussion: Welcome Back to School Inside and Outside of Our Prison Walls.

Comments

Hi. It's that time of year again. Summer has come and gone and as our children across the country return to school, so too do our adult learners. Today, and hopefully for the next few days we will be considering what lies ahead for our men and women behind and beyond the walls of our prisons and jails who will be working hard to get smarter and acquire skills that could help them turn their lives around.

Join me today as we discuss and consider better practices in correctional and reentry education and how we as educators and administrators can make this a productive and life changing year for our students.

I will kick off this discussion by suggesting the obvious. LINCS is full of resources, articles, tool kits, events and discussions that help us do our work better. Take just five minutes and check out the LINCS resources and identify one, or two, that could be helpful for you, your team, or your students, in this upcoming school year.

Join me throughout the day to add your thoughts, or your very own resources that you would want to share with the field. Thanks for all that you do!! Jeff A