Build your knowledge to help families in a changing world!
Earn an Online Certificate in Family Literacy or Adult Basic Education through Penn State’s College of Education (World Campus)
Courses to support learning and literacy for children, families, and adults
Key features of PSU’s Family Literacy (FL) and Adult Basic Education (ABE) Certificate Programs
- Four course, 12-credit certificates through Penn State’s World Campus
- Helps professionals gain high-quality, research-based knowledge about family literacy (i.e., parent involvement, adult literacy, and early literacy development) and ABE (i.e., numeracy and literacy, distance learning).
SCHOLARSHIPS available for the Family Literacy Certificate
For information about the Certificates:
- Contact Dr. Beth McLean at email@example.com or 717-432-3498, or link to learn more about the Family Literacy Certificate or Adult Basic Education Certificate on PSU World Campus.
- Go to the Goodling Institute website at www.ed.psu.edu/goodling-institute
FL Certificate Courses Fall 2020
- ADTED 456: Introduction to Family Literacy
- ADTED 458: Early Literacy Development
ABE Certificate Courses Fall 2020
- ADTED 460: Introduction to Adult Education (required)
- ADTED 480: Teaching Math and Numeracy to Adults (required)
- ADTED 505: The Teaching of Adults (elective)
- ADTED 507: Research and Evaluation in Adult Education (elective)
- ADTED 531: Course Design and Development in Distance Education (elective)
- ADTED 542: Perspectives on Adult Learning Theory (elective)
- LDT 415A: Systematic Instructional Development (elective)
Go to the Goodling Institute website at www.ed.psu.edu/goodling-institute.