45 Teachers. 6 Weeks 1,035 Reading Resources Created.

Two months ago, I posted an announcement about an experimental professional development initiative, the EdTech Maker Space. The idea was this: 1) train educators on how to use popular edtech tools that we now more than ever need to be fluent in using to find or create engaging, mobile-friendly resources for our students; and 2) as part of that process, build openly licensed resources using those tools in such a way that educators both demonstrate proficiency with these tools while creating content that can be widely used by everyone. 

Forty-five teachers from 25 states and the District of Columbia participated, and I’m beyond excited to share the results of their hard work! Join CrowdED Learning on Thursday, September 24 @ 4 PM Eastern to learn about how the project went, what was created, and lessons learned for future crowdsourcing endeavors. 

Highlights of what you will learn about and immediately be leave being able to use are (see the sneak peek images below):

• 345 customizable and immediately shareable Wakelets, each of which includes a story (from Reading Skills for Today’s Adults), a Quizlet vocabulary study set for the story, and a Google Forms comprehension quiz for the story. 
  • A resource library for teachers to access the 345 Quizlets, 345 Google Forms, and 345 Wakelets, all of which can be shared as-is or copied and modified to use with your students as you see fit.
  • A mobile reading app that includes all of the resources created by the educators, allows learners to find readings either by topics of interest or their levels, and allows learners to track what stories they’ve completed.

During this webinar, you’ll learn about how to use all of the great resources that have been created by the incredibly dedicated participants! More importantly, I’m hopeful learning about our first EdTech Maker Space project can trigger inspiration for you and your colleagues to find ways to use collaboration and crowdsourcing to get more quality, FREE mobile-friendly learning content into the hands of your learners.

Comments

Mr. Goumas,

I would like to attend the webinar but, will have face-to-face students that day. If I sign up for the webinar, can you send me the recorded version? I assume you will be recording?

Thank you so much.

Gayla Feist

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your leadership over the past few years with CrowdED Learning that has helped curate so many outstanding resources for the field! I look forward to exploring the new work from your maker space.

Outstanding CrowdED Related Resources 

If you are new to adult education or to remote learning, check out CrowdED's list of teacher tools HERE

Looking for free and open reading resources? Look no further and find them HERE

Also, Jeff was involved in a comprehensive discussion last fall entitled Build Your Own Toolkit with CrowdED.  

Have you used any resources suggested by CrowdED? 

What are your favorites?

Steve Schmidt, Moderator

LINCS Reading and Writing CoP