I hope today finds you well as we bid arrivederci to August and say salutations to September! We had a busy August, and I am thrilled to recap some highlights:
- We had an outstanding coffee break discussion on July 28th in partnership with members of the Teaching and Learning community! With so much to share, I divided the summary in two parts. Part 1 of the discussion summary mentioned positives aspects stemming from online instruction and how to structure an online learning experience. Many resources were shared as well.
- The Part 2 summary described even more resources and how to do screencasts, digital recordings of a computer screen with audio narration. Susan Finn Miller, moderator of the Teaching and Learning community, posted her summary where she described how to help students gain access to technology and some ongoing needs related to technology instruction.
- Find the recording of the entire coffee break here for your viewing pleasure!
- Community friend David Rosen contributed some fascinating thoughts about emojis titled Writing with Hieroglyphics that triggered a lively discussion.
- The month ended with a very enthusiastic discourse with Susan Pittman about writing effective claims for argument essays. With a pattern to follow such as using paragraph frames, students can succeed on this challenging task!
Pun of the Post
What dinosaur knows a lot of synonyms? A thesaurus!
Have a Scintillating September,
Moderator, LINCS Reading and Writing Community of Practice