June 2020 Summary and Two Important July Events!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are well as we usher in a new month!  Here are some highlights from our June discussions and a look ahead to an exciting July!

June Highlights

During the month, we migrated the LINCS site to a more advanced version of web content manager Drupal.  I trust you have found things to be more user friendly since the June 22 change went into effect.  Here are some discussions of note for June:

July Save the Dates: Dr. Mary Ann Corley July 14 – 16 and Coffee Break on July 28

I am thrilled to announce that we will have writing expert Dr. Mary Ann Corley with us on July 14, 15, and 16 to discuss pre-writing activities, collaborative writing, and contextualized grammar.  Please save the dates and come prepared to ask questions and contribute comments!

Along with the Teaching and Learning Community, we will have a virtual “coffee break” where we can discuss best practices and lessons learned as we moved instruction online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  The conversation will take place in Zoom and a registration link will be sent out as we move closer to July 28 at 3 PM ET.

Joke of the Month

This goes out to all you dangling modifier fans!  A neighbor just knocked on my door and told me my dogs are chasing people on bikes.  That’s ridiculous.  My dogs don’t even own bikes!

Have a wonderful month,

Steve

Steve Schmidt

Moderator, LINCS Reading and Writing Community of Practice

schmidtsj@appstate.edu