This is a robust resource that highlights five features of authentic science experiences and underlying research that can support the design and implementation of meaningful and enriching science learning for high school students. It also includes a series of vignettes that illustrate what these features look like in a variety of high school science experiences from across the nation.
The five core features highlighted in the resource include:
- Students integrate skills with core knowledge of science and engineering professions.
- Students’ interests, culture, identities, and experiences are positioned as fundamental assets in the learning process.
- Students use science to explain the world around them and solve problems that matter to society.
- Students learn by engaging with both peers and adults.
- Students engage in a variety of assessment processes that showcase ongoing learning and promote confidence.
Access it HERE