Calling all health literacy professionals, educators, researchers and enthusiasts! We invite you to submit a proposal for a breakout session and/or poster presentation for the 2019 Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit. This year’s theme is “A sharper view through the lens of health literacy”.
Sponsored by Wisconsin Health Literacy, this every-other-year event is going to be on April 2-3, 2019, at Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison, WI.
Speaker proposals have been extended and are now due November 15, 2018. To download the application form and for Summit updates, go to bit.ly/2yz3hO4.
Join this year’s line-up:
The keynote speaker is Dean Schillinger, MD, Professor of Medicine at the University of California-San Francisco and Founding Director of the Center for Vulnerable Populations at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.
Other plenary speakers are:
- Perri Klass, MD, Professor of Journalism and Pediatrics at New York University and National Medical Director at Reach Out and Read
- Matthew W. Kreuter, PhD, MPH, Kahn Family Professor of Public Health and Senior Scientist at Washington University in St. Louis
- Shonna Yin, MD, MSc, General Pediatrician and Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Population Health at the NYU School of Medicine / Bellevue Hospital Center
- Michael Paasche-Orlow, MD, MPH, Professor at Boston University School of Medicine and Editor-in-Chief for Health Literacy Research and Practice.
Closing speaker is Annie Griffiths, National Geographic Photographer and Executive Director of Ripple Effect Images
Pre-conference speakers include:
- Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi, M.Ed., Assistant Professor for the Department of Public Health and Community Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine
- Audrey Riffenburgh, Ph.D., President of Plain Language Works and Founding Member of Clear Language Group.
The conference also includes twenty-five breakout sessions and a posters presentation.
For questions, please contact: Kari LaScala, Project Manager, email@example.com