The Council of State Governments: Stay-at-Work - Return-to-Work Toolkit is a resource designed to help address employment retention and labor force participation of individuals who acquire and/or are at risk of developing work disabilities, whether on-the-job or off-the-job. This Toolkit was funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy’s State Exchange on Employment & Disability (SEED) in its efforts to foster a nationwide workforce more inclusive of people with disabilities.
SAW/RTW strategies and programs improve the ability of employees to resume working, with or without work restrictions, when medically appropriate. This Toolkit is a gateway to implementing strategies to facilitate positive SAW/RTW outcomes. The guide is comprised of several sections:
• Stay-at-Work/Return-to-Work Strategies: The What and Why
• Stay-at-Work/Return-to-Work Policy Framework
• State Stay-at-Work/Return-to-Work Best Practices and Implementation Strategies
• Glossary of Commonly Used Disability and Stay-at-Work/Return-to-Work Terms
• Appendices (Including Talking Points, Accessible Transportation and Technology and Graphic Depiction of Stay-atWork/Return-to-Work Practices)