U.S. Departments of Labor and Education are releasing a series of technical assistance documents that:
- provide strategies and examples of State and local partnerships that facilitate the re-engagement of Out-of-School Youth (OSY);
- support communities working with in-school youth in accordance with WIOA; and
- address strategies for serving out-of-school English learners, current and former foster youth, and justice-involved youth.
The technical assistance documents are available:
- Out of School Youth: https://youth.workforcegps.org/resources/2017/01/18/13/28/EKFA-OSY
- In School Youth: https://youth.workforcegps.org/resources/2017/01/18/13/58/EKFA_isy
- English Language Learners: https://youth.workforcegps.org/resources/2017/01/18/14/30/EKFA_English
- Justice Involved Youth: https://youth.workforcegps.org/resources/2017/01/18/14/11/EKFA_Justice
- Foster Care Youth: https://youth.workforcegps.org/resources/2017/01/18/14/52/EKFA_Fostercare
The technical assistance provided in these documents offers a number of examples of ways in which different partners can work together to build career pathways that are a combination of rigorous and high-quality education, training, and support services that align with local skill needs and prepare youth and young adults to be successful in secondary or post-secondary education programs and the labor market.