The Family Centered Employment (FCE) initiative is focused on advancing new pathways to employment for parents and families with children while providing linkages between early childhood development and employment, leading to economic advancement. FCE and 2Gen programs are the same. The National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) uses the term FCE because it has resonated with workforce boards, though some of the literature uses the term 2Gen.
- Identify promising practices in implementing family-centered employment approaches in workforce development;
- Create awareness about family-centered employment approaches amongst workforce boards;
- Promote stronger relationships and collaboration with community organizations, child care providers, and other agencies;
- Assess system-level changes to promote a family-centered employment approach to advance families and meet workforce demands.
- Arizona@Work // Maricopa County, AZ
- WorkSource Montgomery // Montgomery County, MD
- Workforce Solutions Borderplex // El Paso, TX