The Tex-BEST Workforce Literacy Summit is conducting Twitter Town Halls August 11-13, in conjunction with each of its key sessions featuring national and regional leaders. You’re invited to join via Twitter, raise questions, contribute to the conversations, and help shape the future of career pathways in Texas.
Let's hear from you about your experiences. If you're not on Twitter, or not familiar with the media, you can learn about it and sign up in less than five minutes here.
To participate in the Tex-BEST conversation:
- Follow #TexBEST15 and add it to your tweets.
- Follow @Tex_BEST for the official Q and A on Twitter.
- Follow @MichaelCruse74 for LINCS Career Pathways coverage.
Times are listed as Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Tuesday, August 11:
- 2:45 – 4:00 pm: Participatory Discussion, Facilitated by Dr. Gloria Mwase, Director, Jobs for the Future, and Jeff Carter, Executive Director, National Adult Education Professional Development Consortium
Wednesday, August 12
- 10:15 – 12:00 pm: National WIOA Panel with the U.S. Departments of Education, Labor, and Health and Human Services
- Dr. Johan Uvin, Acting Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education
- Leon McCowan, Regional VI Regional Administrator, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families
- Nick Lalpuis, Regional Administrator, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration
Marty Finsterbusch, Executive Director, VALUEUSA
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Keynote Address by Acting Assistant Secretary Dr. Johan Uvin
Thursday, August 13
- 10:00 – 11:30 am: Community Colleges Presidents’ Panel
- Dr. Jud Hicks, Frank Fhillips College
- Dr. Russell Lowery Hart, Amarillo College
- Dr. Robert Riza, Clarendon College
Dr. Gloria Mwase, Director, Jobs for the Future
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Roundtable Work Sessions and Report Out Discussions
Vice Chancellor Dr. Federico Zaragoza, Economic and Workforce Development, Alamo Colleges