The Workforce Data Quality Campaign (WDQC) has released "Taking Care of Business: Employer Engagement in Workforce Data". This report provides case studies from Mississippi and Alabama, where employers are engaged in developing and informing state data systems. The report also offers recommendations for other states to take action to successfully involve business leaders in improving workforce development.
Recommendations from the report include:
- Cultivate the support and backing of political leadership;
- Have the right leadership and representation at the table;
- Set out with the goal to make meaningful change, as well as constant improvements where warranted;
- Reach out to other states to draw on their experiences when creating advisory councils or data governance rules; and
- Include the business community as a full partner